Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week 6, Thing 13 - Not so delicious...

I think that tagging of resources by end-users is useful, but also a messy way of organizing information. This all seems to be in an early stage, so it'll be interesting to see how this actually evolves and how libraries and other information organizations integrate this type of self-cataloging into their internal and external tools.

I think that del.icio.us is interesting, but not something that I will use on a regular basis. I have my own set of personal bookmarks that I've organized into folders on my work and home computers. At this point, I don't have too many bookmarks and I wouldn't be willing to share all of them with others - some of them are personal and some just probably wouldn't be too useful for others besides myself.

No comments: