Thursday, June 28, 2007

Week 3, Thing #7

Well, it's been a few months since I last blogged as part of the 23 Things pilot group, but I thought I'd start-up again as part of the summer group participants and finally finish the program.

Blog about anything Technology-related... well, there's a big buzz right now with the upcoming release of the iPhone. The iPhone will have it all - a phone, a digital media player, internet access, etc. I'm not a big cell phone user or a Mac user myself, but it's hard not to hear the hype that's been going on in the media with the debut of the iPhone only a few days away.

I had a Treo for a few years, which had internet access, my Outlook email, phone, camera, etc., but no digital media player. I found it very difficult to "unplug" when I had my Treo and doubt if I will buy another Treo, Blackberry or iPhone any time soon. I don't know how healthy it is to always be connected. It's now hard to imagine the days before the instant communication via voicemail, answering machines, beepers, and such. In a way, it kind of takes the fun and anticipation out of simple pleasures like receiving a real letter...

No comments: